7 Days of Fall Decor: Day 7 - Fall Yarn Wreath

I love decorating my front door with a wreath. I found some amazing wreaths on Etsy and used these as my inspiration for the one I created.


This wreath was easy to create (but it did take a couple of hours to wrap all the yarn) and fairly inexpensive. The most expensive part was the foam wreath ring from Michaels.

Supply List:
foam wreath ring (Michaels)
yarn - orange, yellow, white (Michaels)
fake fall flowers (dollar store)
hot glue gun & hot glue sticks (Michaels)
ribbon (Wal-mart)


To create the multi-coloured yarn look I first wrapped the entire ring in orange yarn - hot gluing at the start and about halfway to keep the yarn in place. After that I wrapped the yellow and white yarn around, and then some more orange. You can really use more or less depending on the look you are going for - the possibilities are endless. 


Once the yarn was finished I hot glued some fake fall leaves, flowers, pine cone and pumpkin on that I got at the dollar store. There was no real pattern - I just arranged them and when I liked it I hot glued them on. 
 

Finally, I tied a ribbon on the top and hung it from the wreath hanger I have on hand (originally purchased from the dollar store). 


Not feeling too crafty but want a yarn wreath for your front door? I found this shop on Etsy that sells some really pretty, simple yarn wreaths - Anita Rex Designs. And I love that she's a fellow Canadian designer - located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. 

This was our final post in our 7 Days of Fall Decor series. I hope they gave you some inspiration on decorating your home for the gorgeous fall season! Be sure to check out all the other posts in this series here


2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just saw this post and wanted to send you a big thank you for sharing my shop on your blog! :> Love your wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your wreaths are fantastic!

      Delete