Quick Tip Mondays: Removing Crayon Scribbles



Today's quick tip is something I use often in our home - removing crayon scribbles from cabinets and painted walls, with a household item you have on hand.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a great tool to remove crayons and so many other stains. But what do you do if you don't have one? I faced this dilemma a few months back when my darling daughter scribbled red crayon all over my brand new cream kitchen cabinets, and I wanted to get it off before Daddy came home! I didn't have a magic eraser in the house, and I wanted to use something I had in the house.

So what household item removes crayon? Toothpaste! You get some toothpaste, put it on a paper towel or dishcloth and start wiping at the crayon. Using a little "elbow grease" the crayon comes right off. Then just wipe off any excess toothpaste and it looks brand new - no more crayon!


I have used this tip often as it seems my kids can never seem to draw on just the paper. Hope this helps you out with any little scribbles you have around the house! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! That's really good to know as we're just about to enter that stage around here! I wrote it on my "cleaning tricks" paper so I won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can help! :) It's been VERY useful around here!

      Delete