Life Update June 2013

Every once in a while I am going to write a life update post for my blog readers. It will be a "short" post giving you all a glimpse into my wonderful, chaotic life.

The last few months have been busy - not really a surprise, it seems to be how we roll around here. 

Here's what we've been up to:

Weddings - two so far this year and more to come! A lot of my cousins are at the "marrying age" so it is going to be a busy next couple of years. :)

House Renos - we are slowing getting some outside work done. I can't wait until the mud pit in our backyard turns back to grass. Right now my kids have a choice of playing on the concrete pad we poured last fall or the rock hard dirt. Needless to say its not that much fun in our backyard right now. No the inside isn't close to being done. We most definitely missed our June completion timeline - at the rate we are going we have MONTHS more work to do!

Special Days - we celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary last week and the next day we celebrated little Aus-man's 1st birthday. I can't believe my little guy is already 1. He has been walking for almost 2 months already and he acts so much older already. Kaylen's first year went quick - Austin's went lightning fast because we were so much busier! A blog post about the party we had yesterday is coming.

Sea-to-Sea - last week my dad left to begin an amazing journey cycling across North America. He is cycling approx. 110 kms per day, 6 days a week resting only on Sundays, for 9 weeks. He started today in Newport Beach, California and will finish August 24 in Staten Island, New York. This is a fundraising bike ride to raise funds for poverty. To find out more information check out their website at seatosea.org. I am super proud of my dad - he is not a cycler but has been training hard and we are so excited as he begins this amazing journey. We will get to see him in 7 weeks when he heads up to Canada - counting down the days (I've never been away from my dad this long!).


So those are the big items of what's been going on. I'm hoping for a more low-key, drama and stress free summer. We'll see how that goes!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment