Freshly Squeezed Lemonade Recipe



This week's weather has been a little crazy. It was cold at the beginning of the week, and today we had a "heat warning". So is it safe to say summer's here .... maybe? Either way, with the warm weather the last few days I decided to make some cold and refreshing lemonade - from scratch!

I've never made freshly squeezed lemonade before, but I had a ton of lemons in a nice hurricane vase decorating my countertop, and I wanted to use them before they went bad. I LOVE lemonade, so why not make some with all these lemons!

Here's the recipe I used to get a small jug of lemonade:

Freshly Squeezed Lemonade:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
*put into a saucepan and heat up on the stove to create a simple syrup (it will be done once all the sugar has dissolved into the water).

1 cup lemon juice - I used 7 large lemons (and squeeze with the cut side up to keep the seeds from getting into the juice)
4 cups cold water
ice cubes

Mix your simple syrup, lemon juice and cold water together. I cut up one more lemon for a garnish, and added some ice cubes to make it nice and cold. It was delicious! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment