Mickey Mouse 3rd Birthday Party


In April my little girl turned 3! Time is just flying by. When I asked her what kind of party she wanted, she told me she wanted "a Mickey cake", and stuck with this answer every time I asked. I had made her Mickey cakes last year and didn't really want to do Mickey again, but who's going to argue with a birthday girl?! So Mickey it was!

I thought I'd share some pictures and projects from the party. I wanted to actually give her a real party this year, and our great room was "close enough" to being done that we can host a party. (ok we were up to 2:30 am painting and assembling furniture, but it was totally worth it!)

Using Microsoft Word I created an invitation that I e-mailed out to family and friends. I wanted the colour scheme of the party to be more of the bright primary colours rather than the standard red, yellow, and black. So I used bright colours in the invitation and carried this throughout the party decorations.


Kaylen wanted to help with the Mickey cake so much, so at 11 pm here we are putting the finishing touches on the fondant. She went a little water happy so the cake didn't turn out as well as I would have like, but she loved it, so that's all that matters!


Here are a couple of pictures of the cakes I made last year. I love how the "Toodles" cake turned out - I had a bit more time last year!


I created a PARTY banner and taped it to our front door, and decorated the front posts with balloons. For the free printable of this banner check out this post.



Inside I kept the decorations fairly basic because I didn't have very much time to decorate. Bundles of balloons on either side of the foyer entrance, rainbow balloons from the dining room chandelier, and a banner that I created. My husband wasn't too impressed that I hung up the banner on freshly painted walls, but no paint came off when I took it down! :) For the free printable of the banner check out this post.


Whenever we have a party or get-together, there is a lot of food. This was no exception. (don't you love the sneak peek of the kitchen too!). Because it was a Mickey party I wanted to have some "theme" food, so we ate "Mickey's Clubhouse Sandwiches" and "'Hot Diggity Dog' Hot Dogs". And then your essentials of cheese and crackers, vegetables, spinach dip, chips and pop.


I created these super cute food cards using picmonkey and Microsoft Word. For the free printable of these food cards check out this post.


I set up an area on my HUGE island for the "Mouskatools". Some special touches were the straws that I taped Mickey circles onto, and I wrapped the forks for the cake in red napkins and finished with a Mickey circle. For the free printable of these circles check out this post.

Here's my big girl blowing out her candles. Still can't believe she is 3 already!



Kaylen had lots of fun at her party and so it was a great success! Now it's time to start thinking of ideas for little Aus-man's 1st birthday!





No comments:

Post a Comment