Wonderful Chaotic Life

So what's with the title of this blog?

When contemplating my blog title I wanted something inventive and something that really described my life where it is today.

My life is wonderful! Growing up my main goal in life was to be a wife and mother. I feel so blessed that this dream came true! We live in a great house, have food on the table every day, have jobs to go to, great extended families (most of the time...haha), a great church family and a God that loves us and takes care of us. So I can't really complain.

But my life is also extremely chaotic! My husband and I always joke that we don't want to live a boring life, and if life was boring we wouldn't know what to do.

Here's some background/reasons on why my life seems so chaotic:
- on the day I graduated from university I met my husband, and exactly one year later we got married
- we moved into our first house 2 months after we got married, and found out we were pregnant a week later
- we welcomed our daughter into this world 10 months after our wedding
- when K was 8 months old we packed up and moved into a "renovation disaster"
- we started renovating the week we moved in, and 2 years later we are still going strong
- 2 years and 2 months after my daughter was born we welcomed our son A into the world (and I had him at home in the two "finished" rooms in the house)
- I don't know how to relax - I'm either working from home, taking care of the kids, keeping the house "clean", making dinner, crocheting, on the computer..... etc. etc.

This may seem like a normal list for any mom. I'm not saying my life is any more crazy or better than any other moms out there. But I can tell you that it in my eyes I never seem to "have it together".
My house is always a mess.
I feel like I never spend enough time with my kids.
I feel like I don't spend enough quality time with my husband.
I feel like I work too much and it deters from the whole point of being a stay-at-home-mom.
I don't spend enough time reading the Bible or praying.

So yes my life is wonderful, but I feel like its quite chaotic. As we come to the end of our renovation, my goal is to try and organize my life better and to have a longer list on the wonderful list, and less on the chaotic. Will you take the journey with me? I'd be honoured if you did!



No comments:

Post a Comment