Getting Organized

I'm super excited to show you all my new household planner. I purchased this planner from The Confident Mom and I'm so happy with it! They send you a PDF file, and I got it printed and bound at the UPS store, or you can print it off at home every few weeks. I personally like to have it all together because I am the kind of person that would stop printing it out.....

On their website they ask:

Are you tired of always being behind in your housework?

Can’t seem to stay organized and keep up with everyday tasks?

Do you find it hard to enjoy time with your kids because you’re stressed and crunched for time?

When was the last time you spent time on yourself?


YES, YES and YES!

This is exactly how I feel all the time. I always feel overwhelmed when it comes to housework, especially living in a renovation with two little ones.

So I saw this link last week on one of the blogs I read, clicked on it, and bought it within 3 minutes of reading what it was about and the testimonials. This is exactly what I need to try and get my life organized.


Every day is organized with different tasks for you to tackle in regards to housework, rather than leaving it for one day (which is what I usually do and then I dread Saturday!). And then it also reminds you of different tasks .... change your sheets! Clean the bathroom sinks and floors and tub and the toilet! Disinfect your garbage cans - what a great idea! When I clean something it feels like I just did it, and so when 2, 3, 4 weeks go by it's like - oh I should probably clean the sheets again..... This wonderful planner does all the thinking for you!

And it helps with meal planning. Another area that is lacking in my household. My husband calls me on the way home from work every day, and one of the first questions he asks is "what's for dinner?". My usual response - "I don't know, haven't thought about it yet". Now I make an effort to plan my meals for the ENTIRE week! So when he calls, the meat is already thawed and dinner is started. So much less stressful!

And at the end of the book is a sheet specifically for grocery shopping. You plan your meals for the week and then create your list, helping you to buy only what you need and not the whole grocery store.


Each week is broken down on one page. And on each week there is a list of items you should do every day, including making the beds (something I don't normally do, but feel so much better when I do!), and pampering yourself (yeah haven't done that once yet, oops!). And below that is a list of items to do during week, such as paying bills and seasonal items. Last week it told me to get my tax information together. Good reminder - I would love to have my refund as soon as possible!


There is also a "supplement package" that includes a weekly calendar so you can organize your different activities and special occasions. And there is SO much more in there - from cheat sheets on how to clean your oven, etc, and a sheet of important information for your babysitter. 

Have I mentioned how much I love this planner?!

Oh and best thing is I bought the version that includes daily Scripture reading, so I can read through the Bible in one year. It's important to have quiet time everyday with the Lord, now I'm just trying to figure out what is the best time in my day. I've heard from many people that it's best to start off in the Word in the morning, but I am so NOT a morning person, so I have found that it works best for me at night, after the kids are in bed.

I've been using this planner for the last week, and my house is already cleaner and tidier and I'm feeling less stressed out. It's been wonderful!

If you don't want to purchase this planner, here's a link from one of my favourite blogs Imperfect Homemaking. She has a number of free printables at this blog post that are similar to what I have described in this post, and they are FREE!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment